A more powerful tool
As time goes by and your blog grows and you gain more and more experience, you feel the need to increase your exposure beyond creating content and commenting on other people’s blogs.
If you want to increase awareness about your business and drive more traffic, you need to use more powerful tools.
Blogging communities can take you to a higher level and bring you more results than before. One such blogging community that can be of real help for small business owners is Bizsugar.
What is Bizsugar?
Bizsugar is a site, a social sharing platform, a bookmarking tool and a small business news aggregator. Here you can do all the things you do on any other blogging community. However, it’s importance comes from the fact it is especially designed and targeted for entrepreneurs and small businesses (like you and me) with 0 – 100 employees.
What can you get from Bizsugar?
- A place to share your small business content (articles, podcasts, videos etc.) to a significant number of people
- Make connections with other small business owners and entrepreneurs (comments, votes, shares)
- Get a lot of targeted information for small business owners
- Get relevant content about starting or growing a business
- Create or increase your reputation
- Become a leader (this is a place to display your expertise and be discovered)
- Market your business or blog
- Avoid crappy commentators from niches that have nothing to do with your business (the community is moderated)
Last but not least, Bizsugar is free.
What should you do inside this blogging community?
Obviously, the first thing you must do is to join the community. Then you can:
- Read other members posts
- Comment on other people’s posts
- Vote for the posts you like
- Submit your posts, videos etc.
- Search for people you know and add them as friends (create your network of friends)
- Make new friends.
Where to begin?
Go to http://www.bizsugar.com. You will get the following screen:
On the upper right hand side you will see the Register button. click Register.
Type your username, email, password, subscribe to their newsletter (if you want) and click Register account.
You may click the Connect with Facebook account, if you want. Personally I don’t want to register with Facebook so I avoided this button.
After you click Register, you must check your email inbox for the activation link. Click the activation link then Login.
Sharing the content in the blogging community
From outside: The Bookmarklet
On the upper right corner you will see a button called Profile. Click on it. Now you are in the Personal information tab. Somewhere below you should see a text like:
The Bookmarklet: BizSugar:
Hover the mouse over the word Bizsugar, then drag it on your bookmark toolbar. Now you can submit a story whenever you want using this bookmarklet (from outside Bizsugar).
Submit your post from inside
To upload your post you can use the Submit an article button:
What else can you do now?
You can search for friends in the Find friends search box:
You can explore the site. Find what other people are posting, make comments and vote.
One way to find out who’s who in Biz sugar is to go to Sweets – Top Members:
When you find someone you know, click on that person’s name, then simply add him (her) as a friend. Or you can just start to read other posts, comment and vote in one of the Bizsugar’s sections. Here is an example:
That’s all folks. Thank you for the time. Now let me ask you a question:
What is the blogging community that really makes a difference for you?
Let a comment below and share the post with your friends.
Filed under: How To Blog
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!